Req Id 30526 - Posted 03/01/2019 - Information Systems & Technology - King of Prussia. Pennsylvania. US
Job Title: Analyst, Back Office - Infrastructure
Division: Arkema Inc. - Corporate IT (iTeam)
Location: King of Prussia, PA
SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
Works within the corporate iTeam as part of the Infrastructure and Operations department.
* Reports directly to Manager of Distributed Systems Support
* Next Level Manager - Director, IT Infrastructure
* Other positions at this level include 5 professionals; two other back office professionals, two front office professional, and one responsible for server backups and restorations.
* There are no direct or indirect reports for this position
The person in this position works within a back office team that is responsible for the hardware and system software used for Arkema Inc.'s Windows Servers. These responsibilities include Arkema's Virtualization platforms and Storage Area Networks.
* The back office team supports an employee population of over 3,000 users in 40+ plants as well as the HQ/R&D Center (the US headquarters) located in King of Prussia
* The back office team is responsible for all servers in Arkema and Bostik in the Americas, including Brazil and Mexico.
* The team is fully responsible for 400+ Infrastructure and applications servers (Back Office).
* The team works on global Back Office design initiatives with i-Team Lyon.
* SAP Servers (UNIX) are not within scope of this team.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Back Office Activities
* Build servers (physical and virtual) for application and infrastructure projects.
* Monitor, support, administer, and configure Back Office hardware and software in order to ensure availability and currency.
* Provide second and third level problem resolution for operational problems.
* Maintain knowledge of server operating systems, virtualization technologies, storage area networks, messaging systems. Maintain current understanding of IS&T operations standards and procedures
* Participate with global counterparts in the deployment of hardware and software standards
* Provide technical support for Applications and Client Services personnel.
Security Related Activities
* Responsible for ensuring the application of operating system security patches, managing server-based Anti-Virus software, and applying security rules for end user access to share file data.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
* Requires the support of back office infrastructure outside of normal business hours for resolution of critical errors and for changes and upgrades
* Travel domestically or internationally, as required and dependent on project, enhancement or support activities; typically less than 20%.
* Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
* Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
* Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
* Experience with VMWARE or Microsoft virtualization technologies
* Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP Protocols
* Good familiarity with Microsoft Windows PC Operating systems
* Experience with Storage Area Networks
* Experience with HyperConvergence strongly preferred
* Some knowledge of Cloud Computing strongly preferred
* Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and effective interaction skills when working with people from a wide range of organizations and levels
* Willingness to develop technical/business/professional knowledge needed at current and future position.
* Pro-active effective oral and written communication, customer service and problem solving skills
* Demonstrates effective cross-team collaboration and support, including knowledge sharing and training others where appropriate.
* Be aware of how own actions impact the team and the company as a business.
* Demonstrate time management skills and manage priorities as directed.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Effective and timely problem-solving, including critical thinking and ability to quickly measure impact and priority of issues and appropriate solutions.
* Ability to effectively work within teams and work independently
* Interest in learning various aspects of key activities to develop technical/business/professional knowledge needed in current and future responsibilities
* Seeks to understand how own actions impact Arkema as a business.
* Positive customer service and client satisfaction focus with professional ability to clarify and appropriately direct needs - using manager guidance when necessary.
* Focuses on balancing the demand and supply related to client requirements and priorities
* Support and be a proponent of change as the business and technology evolves
* Champion ITEAM and Arkema
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017, we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Associated topics: ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, system technician, technician