ASAP was designed to help motivated students earn an Associate degree with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years.
ASAP emphasizes enriched academic, financial and personal supports including comprehensive and personalized advisement, career counseling, tutoring, tuition waivers, MTA MetroCards and additional financial assistance to support textbook cost. The Specialist is responsible for planning, executing and guiding all retention and academic support initiatives for ASAP. Reporting to the Associate Director for Recruitment and Retention, the Specialist collaborates with the ASAP team and other Bronx Community College stakeholders to create and support developmental opportunities that promote academic success and retention.
Additional duties include:
- Supervise the daily operations for all curricular and co-curricular initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director to strategize and define annual objectives including retention, learning outcomes, evaluations, and target audiences.
- Develop and implement curricular and co-curricular programs, requirements, communications, in addition, outreach for these initiatives in collaboration with the Associate Director.
- Assist students with general academic and transfer school inquiries.
- Oversee, supervise, and develop student and alumni communications, program materials and outreach for groups and individual tutoring, STEM initiatives, Supplemental Instruction Program, skills building workshops, and other co-curricular programs.
- Collaborate with the Program and Engagement Coordinator to develop academic programming; collaborate with the Data Coordinator to track student engagement and retention.
- Work with various college areas to offer research and other academic opportunities to students.
- Support and promote all academic support programs and retention initiatives.
? Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required
? Minimum of four years' experience working in higher education or a related field preferred
? Experience in student development programming and collaboration with cross functional teams required
? Knowledge and understanding of strategies important to student success
? Ability to understand and communicate research innovation, methodology and terminology
? Teaching experience as well as experience in designing and implementing academic support programs preferred
? Excellent written and verbal communication skills
? Experience in project management
? Detailed oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
? Proficient in managing multiple tasks and meeting strict deadlines with changing priorities
? Flexibility working with faculty, administrators, students and external stakeholders
? Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
? Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$47,340 - $61,593; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select \"Employment\", then select \"Search Job Postings\" and find JOB ID #20288. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to for information.
Open until filled; with review of resumes to begin April 14, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer. Associated topics: accountant iv, admin, administrative assistant i, adminv, aide, analyst iv, donor, fellow, intern, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.