The Systems Deployment Specialist Principal is responsible for installation of new Windows\\Unix based computer systems remotely as well as onsite at client facilities. Perform configuration and installation of new system to include restoring client data, applications, mappings, mailboxes, etc. and ensuring network connectivity and functionality. Install and support network communication equipment, including LAN/WAN systems. Ensure the integration and operability of installed components, systems, and network solutions. Brief customer on installation progress, issues, and resolution of issues.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
* Lead teams of Systems Deployment Specialists in the deployment of new Windows based computer systems to replace existing systems as part of any ongoing hardware refresh program.
* Coordinate large scale deployment projects.
* Participate in pilot activities for the introduction of new technologies to the enterprise.
* Participate in the training of new Systems Deployment Specialists on proper processes and procedures.
* Ensure communication, both prior to and during the installation, is clear, complete and concise.
* Perform pre-installation integration and staging of refresh hardware.
* Coordinate planned outages and data migration activities to minimize downtime.
* Migrate user data and ensure data accessibility and integrity following the migration.
* Provide excellent customer service to the government clients throughout the refresh process.
* Provide systems training and familiarization as part of systems turnover procedures
* Decommission refreshed hardware in accordance with proper procedure.
* Complete and submit all reporting requirements in a timely manner.
*Knowledge & Skills*
* Excellent customer service and communication skills are required.
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Must be able to work independently or as part of a small team.
* Must be able to lead cross-functional project teams, as needed.
* Must be able to work in a time-sensitive environment installing mission-critical systems.
* Must be able to develop, maintain, and follow defined processes and document any issues/problems clearly.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in mid to large scale server hardware refreshes/deployments in a domestic and/or overseas environment a plus
* Extensive knowledge and experience deploying and administering Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, VMWare ESXi v5 or later, NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop, Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switches, Cisco UCS Director
* Microsoft MCSE, VMWare, NetApp, or Cisco certifications is preferred.
*Experience & Education*
* Eight (8) years' experience in IT systems administration, systems installation or systems support.
* Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline.
* Two (2) years' experience in related field can be substituted for each year of the four years of college.
* Top Secret Security Clearance required, or Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
*Physical Requirements/Working Environment*
* Ability to bend and lift equipment up to 50 pounds, and engage in labor related duties of connecting computer and networking equipment.
* Substantial level of overseas travel required. Approximately 75% OCONUS travel anticipated.
* Familiar with international travel requirements such as visa, medical, and passport.
**Job:** **Intelligence & Analysis*
**Title:** *Systems Deployment Specialist Principal*
**Location:** *UNITED STATES-VIRGINIA-SPRINGFIELD*
**Requisition ID:** *1900660*
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the company's operations. Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation during the employment application process should contact 817-###-####. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this number.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, operating system, scom, scom sccm, server, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager, tcp ip