Product Manager - Oculus PM (System Interfaces)Oculus - Menlo Park, CA
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense?and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Product Manager for System Interfaces at Oculus, you'll lead development of the user interface design patterns, frameworks, and tools that power the user experience in our current and future virtual reality products. You'll work closely with our design and software teams to define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including adhering to a build schedule. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a strong interest for user experience and design alongside professional experience building complex, user-centric software products.
* Establish best practices for VR interface design and build UI frameworks and tools that enable our developers to rapidly build and maintain consistent, high quality system interfaces across our suite of products.
* Define a compelling vision and strategy for the system interfaces roadmap, leveraging user and market research and empowering our software engineers and designers to rapidly develop great interfaces.
* Establish success metrics and key performance indicators for our system interfaces and identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
* Develop outstanding strategic relationships with product peers and engineering, research, business, design, and user research teams among others.
* 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience making hardware products.
* Experience in software/hardware engineering.
* Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer hardware product.
* Organization experience and experience managing multiple ongoing projects.
* Track record developing nascent consumer hardware and software technologies into successful mass-market consumer products
* Experience delivering products with next-generation technology introduction
* Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task